We are seeking volunteers for an incredible opportunity with acclaimed international artist Zadok Ben-David.
Volunteers will work with and alongside the artist to install an extraordinary space-specific floor installation in situ.
Zadok Ben-David has exhibited extensively throughout Europe, USA and Asia, including in major curated exhibitions such as the Singapore and Venice Biennales. He was the recipient of both the first prize of Biennale international de Arte de Vila Nova de Cerveira, Portugal (2007) as well as the Tel-Aviv Museum sculpture prize (2005). More information can be found about the artist here.
DATES: Between 29 January and 8 February (inclusive) we are seeking 25 volunteers to install Ben-David’s work at Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING SESSION: Volunteers will be expected to attend a training session (date TBC) on the to commencement of install. This session will set the foundation for the project, giving you the opportunity to ask questions and gain more insight and information before starting the project.
WHAT DOES VOLUNTEERING TO WORK WITH ZADOK BEN-DAVID ENTAIL?
- Volunteers will never be alone at any site; you will always work alongside other volunteers and LWAG staff.
- The volunteer co-ordinator and LWAG staff will be contactable at all times.
- You will gain experience, new contacts, and references will be available on request.
- You will need to sign the filming and photography waiver as the installation will be documented via photography and a time-lapse video recording. These media may be used as marketing content.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT?
This project offers the opportunity to:
- Meet like-minded people and create new networks
- Learn transferable skills in working in a public art museum
- Work with an internationally renowned artist and learn about their work
- Gain first-hand experience of installing artwork in a University Art Gallery
- Play a key part in a significant visual arts event for the Perth Festival, showcasing the work of a major international artist
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- A Perth Festival industry pass and complimentary tickets to select Perth Festival events.
- An accessible rota with your allocated shifts
- A volunteer badge
- A letter of reference
For this project you will need to be over 18 years old and able to commit to at least 5-6 days of installation and a minimum of 3 x 3 hour shifts during the exhibition run. Even if you can spare a couple of days you are welcome to join the team.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.